GMAC’s 50+ years of flying operations experience has been captured in our Code of Conduct. The primary purpose of this manual is to guide the members towards a positive experience in the Club. The Manual looks into:
- safety – we take all precations to avoid pilot’s and observers personal injuries, damage to the airplanes and club facilities, damage to third parties and environment
- minimise impact on our neighbours and environment – GMAC being positioned at leased council grounds and within suburbs is surrunded by real estate, pony club, golf course and Parks. We have been co-existing well within this environment due to a set of flying constrains adopted by our Club and observed by our pilots and guests.
- maximise member’s enjoyment – we share the club facilities among all members and mutual respect and great cameradery that we enjoy is underpinned not only by mutual respect but also a set of well desigend rules
All of our Members take active involvement in coaching and correcting new and established pilots when it comes to the flying rules. Our Instructors and Operations Manager take very active role in this function and are empowered to take all necessary steps towards enforcing safe environment for all involved. Our approach is through education and discussion as we all understand that flying remote aircraft can be difficult at times, especially for less experienced pilots.
Visitors to GMAC are required to sign the ‘Visitors Book’ in the Club House in conjunction with a GMAC member. Only current MAAA accredited Solo pilots may fly unsupervised. We ask that any visitors please:
- Remain behind all fences. Young children need to be supervised.
- Not stand on the road at the end of our runway where the models will be flying very low.
- Not enter the fenced off pits area unless specifically invited.
- Keep your pets on a lead at all times.
- Our aircraft are fragile, but their engines are quite powerful and have razor-sharp propellers spinning at very high speed.
The GMAC Site Plan gives you a good idea of the GMAC facilities and General Flying Area. On arrival aircraft and equipment can be unloaded from your car in the drop off area and placed in the Pits. Once you have unloaded your car, you need to park your car in the car parking area behind the club house. No fly zones are clearly marked on the site plan.
Flight circuit direction is determined by the direction of the wind:
- Northerly – Counter Clock wise
- Southerly – Clock wise
No flying is permitted on days of Total Fire Ban